- At last, "marbles" for little ones! Large enough in size to be safe for even babies.
- Toddlers will discover all kinds of things to do with these solid wooden balls: roll 'em on the floor, use to fill little bowls or other containers, invent games, combine them with building blocks...and much more! Perfect for playing with the 12-Piece Rainbow for marble games!
- Large size (1.8 inch diameter) makes these marbles easy to grasp and safe for even very young children (1 year & up), without being too heavy. Older kids will find plenty of uses for them too!
- Made in Europe from solid maple wood and colored with certified safe, non toxic water-based stains (no worrisome paints or lacquers)
- High-contrast colors of these balls are excellent for visual perception; they make a stunning contrast against Grimm's bright rainbow colored items
This beautifully handcrafted set of wooden balls (or "giant marbles") is sure to become of favorite in your toddler or young child's toy box. Packaged in a cardboard egg carton for handy storage when it's time to tidy up. Grimm's introduced their Monochrome color series in 2016. The juxtaposition of their natural wooden toys with the monochrome is a wonderful surprise. Initially designed as high contrast toys for children with visual disabilities, the line is garnering many fans and gaining popularity as people discover the beauty of combining items from different colorings. These black and white balls strike a visual contrast with the rainbow colors of Grimm's classic bright Rainbow-colored range of toys.
You may be surprised at the endless ways children will discover to play with this delightfully simple toy: use them to fill boxes, baskets or bowls, roll them on different surfaces, make them part of stacked creations built with wooden blocks, practice counting or sorting, use them as marbles for all kinds of games... use Grimm's Mushrooms as skittles for a bowling game! They are especially fun to use in a "marble run" which you can create yourself with any of Grimm's Extra Large 12-Piece Rainbow Tunnels, available in 4 color series.
After being sanded smooth by hand, the certified safe water-based color stains and plant oil used to finish them provides Grimm's well known matte surface that allows the unique marks & grain of the wood to show through. Parents can rest easy, as no worrisome paint or lacquer is used. Safe for play by little ones, even if it ends up in the mouth!
Grimms’s is proud to offer beautiful, top quality heirloom toys that encourage open-ended play and inspire creativity. The wood is sustainably sourced from FSC certified forests. Wooden toys provide a wonderful sensory experience for all. They are natural anti-bacterial, as wood does not survive on the wood.